Friday, January 30, 2009

Mystic Crystal Revelations

Forgive me for indulging, but it's my Birthday Eve, so I went on a little hunt for something significant to share.
The first place I turned was to Rob Brezsny (a one-stop shop for all manner of freakiness), and he told me this:

"The seed cannot sprout upwards without simultaneously sending roots into the ground," says an ancient Egyptian proverb. Keep that thought in mind as you head into the thick of your new phase of growth, Aquarius. What part of you needs to deepen as you rise up? What growth needs to unfold in the hidden places as you gravitate toward the light? How can you go about balancing and stabilizing your ascension with a downward penetration?

(That's what she said;)

Check your own horoscope if you're into it. And since we're on the subject of planet alignment, take a gaze at the night sky this evening to behold a big, bright Jupiter hanging around the moon.

Finally, if you're looking for a reason to celebrate this fine winter weekend (who needs a reason?!) I'm happy to share my birthday with you.

2 comments:

hy said...

happy birthday!

love the "hair" reference!

and its funny, rob brezny was a part of my everyday life when i lived in SF, but not since i'm back in NY... he has a heavy west coast connotation to me, but you've reminded me of his deep connection to the cosmos (or whatever) and i have to start reading him again!
xo
mj

mhp said...

hmmm...apparently, i am heading in the wrong direction. good to know. and thanks for sharing your birthday with us.