Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Turn the Page

This Monday was a milestone for the Jones Love Federation, marking the first day that I did not provide either one of my kids with nutrition from my own body. It's been just about exactly six years since my first baby began growing inside me, and since then I've been either pregnant or nursing. Both at times.

Well, not anymore!

My second (and last) baby has been officially weaned which means from now on, I'll be keeping what I eat all to myself, for better or worse.


When I finally start eating again, that is. See, somehow or other I got roped into doing The Master Cleanse with my husband. We decided to start today, so I won't be ingesting anything but this lemon juice-maple syrup-cayenne pepper concoction for 10 days.

To be fair, I've been wanting to do this for a while now and never could because I was always feeding a babe. But I've witnessed my husband and lots of my friends go through this cleanse and have watched in envy as their energy and clarity seemed to skyrocket. Now that the hour is upon me, however, I can't imagine anything more nirvana-inducing than a grilled cheese sandwich.

Ah well, we'll see what happens. I plan to stick it out mostly because I so love the idea of starting this new chapter of mothering with a fresh perspective and a clean, um, slate.

No comments: