Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Did

We all came together to witness history in the making.

And we made a little something ourselves.

We tried to convey the importance of this moment to our children.


We tried not to get too excited too soon as we watched victory slide so easily into our laps.


(We gave ourselves a small bit of credit for the cold calls we made to Floridians;)

We felt a little bit sorry for the loser, but all the day's anxiety, joys and fears turned to tearful pride when we heard our new President share his victory with all of us.

Truly, we did "put our hands on the arc of history and bend it once more toward the hope of a better day."
You can say what you want about actions over words, but I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to hearing this man speak to us for the next 8 (yes we can!) years.

I might finally be proud to be an American, and that's a great new feeling.


3 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you so much for dinner last night. It was so good. I just finished the leftovers for my lunch. I had such a good time, so much so that I didn't even notice that the girls had gotten the carton of chocolate almond milk out of the cupboard and poked open the seal with their little fingers to help themselves to a cup....or two....maybe three because the carton is 3/4 of the way empty. I am proud of them for putting it away in the fridge and also hiding the evidence in the cupboard (dirty chocolate milk cups) Of course when I asked Scarlett about it she blamed it all on Maz. But I know better.
love you

hy said...

I share your joy for our kids as well as for us adults!
I would not have been able to endure 4 years of "you betcha's" *wink*
we were considering our choices of countries for our ex-pat status if it had gone the other way...

but...yes we did!

Tegan Henry said...

bow chicka bow bow